Last update: May 20th, 2019
After reading this privacy statement you will have learned that:
- We collect certain information to offer you the eBuddy Services;
- We take security measures to safeguard this information;
- We use this information to enhance your use of the eBuddy Services, to improve these Services, to make them easier, better and more relevant and to keep you informed about news regarding eBuddy;
- We will not share personally identifiable information about you with third parties.
1. What is eBuddy?
eBuddyB.V. (“eBuddy”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is a provider of Sites, Applications (“apps”), and Services, collectively called “eBuddy Services” or the “Service”. eBuddy B.V. is established in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and is listed at the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 34211186. The manner in which your personal details are saved and used has been reported to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
2. Children and minors
3. The information collected by eBuddy
When you use the Service, you may provide certain information (such as your name, phone number, email address, and phonebook contents) to eBuddy. Depending on the type of eBuddy Service, this information may be transmitted, stored and used to provide you and other users with a better experience.
When you use XMS you may provide us with your name, phone number, email address and allow us to access your address book. Your phone number may be verified by sending you a verification code in an SMS text message. A copy of your phone address book will be transmitted to and stored on our servers and used to provide you and other users with Suggested Contacts (see below). The transmission of your phone address book will be done in an encrypted manner, and the names, phone numbers and email addresses will be stored in encrypted format.
When using the Service you may exchange private messages (including, but not limited to text, images, videos, locations, contact details) with other users. These messages may be temporarily stored by eBuddy in order to be able to deliver them to the intended recipient(s). For example, when a recipient cannot be reached, the message may be stored on a server until the recipient uses the Service. We will delete the messages from our servers after successful delivery to all intended recipients. Please note that the message may be stored in the eBuddy application on your (mobile) device, and may be saved, modified, used or transferred by the recipient.
Automatically generated information
eBuddy also collects “Automatically Generated Information” about your behaviour during your use of the Service. This information may include IP addresses, type of browser, browser settings, date and time, what features you use and for how long, "cookies", the type and unique number of the device you use to access the Service and your mobile operator and other information regarding your use of the Service. Furthermore, we also store some of the information that provided by you when using the Service, such as pictures you send through eBuddy, your own display picture, display pictures of your contacts/buddies and customized emoticons.
- to store a user's eBuddy ID log-in identity so that your session won't expire unless you actively log out;
- to store a user's eBuddy ID log-in identity so that the log-in box is already filled upon your next use of eBuddy;
- to serve you relevant advertisements based on non-personal information such as your age and gender and also to ensure you will not be served the same advertisement too often;
- and to ensure that the eBuddy service is protected.
4. Use of the information collected
eBuddy will use the information it collects for the following purposes:
- to enable you to use the Service and to enhance your experience;
- to send information to you about other eBuddy Services, or promotional actions of eBuddy;
- to draw up statistical and demographic data rendered anonymous and used for performance monitoring;
- to serve you relevant advertising;
- to provide your information to third parties pursuant to legal obligations.
Use of collected information by eBuddy
As a general matter, we use the information we collect, to provide the Service to you. We will also try to enhance and personalize your use of the eBuddy Services based on this information. eBuddy may offer you targeted advertisements based on for example your age, gender and type of device. In addition, eBuddy wants to keep you informed of developments of the eBuddy service and of any promotional actions by eBuddy. We may ask you to participate in surveys in order to help us enhance the Service. eBuddy uses the information it collects for statistical purposes and for reporting. This allows usfor example to monitor performance and detect technical problems. All analysis is done in an anonymous, aggregate manner, such that no part of the data can be traced back to individual users.
Verification SMS for eBuddy.Lock
To verify your phone number in the XMS application we may send you a confirmation SMS. eBuddy will not charge you for this confirmation SMS. Please note that depending on your country and operator, standard message and data rates may apply. The companies that provide eBuddy with the SMS gateway are contractually bound to use your number exclusively for the confirmation SMS.
Use by third parties
Without your explicit consent eBuddy will not sell, rent or share your personal details to any third parties for marketing purposes. eBuddy can, however, provide anonymous information that cannot be traced back to you. In aggregated form, statistics can be provided to third parties. Please be advised that eBuddy never shares eBuddy ID log-ins, email addresses, passwords, or phone numbers with third parties, unless it is necessary for use of the Service. eBuddy may disclose the information we collect if we believe that:
- we are obliged to do so pursuant to legal provisions; and/or
- we are forced to do so as a result of a legal case; and/or
- it is necessary for the protection of our own rights or property; and/or
- it is necessary to protect the personal safety of our users or members of the public
5. Protection of information
eBuddy will take reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect against loss, misuse or any form of unlawful processing. Information on eBuddy servers is stored in a secured manner and access is limited to authorized employees only. However, it is important to note that we cannot eliminate all security risks associated with data transmission and storage.
6. Sale, merger or bankruptcy of the company
7. Transfer to countries outside the EU
It may be required for technical and operational reasons that the information we collect, including your (personal) details are transferred to servers in the United States or other countries outside the European Union where the regulations in the field of privacy protection might not provide the same protection as in the European Union. By using the Service you are giving your consent to this, in so far as your consent is necessary. Notwithstanding the above, eBuddy will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that the necessary measures and relevant controls are in place in order to protect the confidentiality and security of the information we collect, including your (personal) data.
8. Viewing, changing or removing your personal information
You can always request to view the personal information we have collected from you and if necessary change them. If you want to know which details eBuddy has recorded about you or if you want to change details which you cannot change in your account, you can contact our customer service via Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request us to remove your personal details from our servers. Please note that we may be required by law to store the information we collect, even after you have terminated your use of the eBuddy Services. For technical reasons, it may be impossible for us to determine whether you have stopped using the eBuddy Services. For the mobile applications, it may also be impossible for eBuddy to determine whether you have deleted the application. In such cases, we reserve the right to remove your account and the information you have provided us if you have not used the Service for an extended period of time.
9. Scope of eBuddy's responsibility
12. Applicable law